The device is designed to protect high-speed interfaces such as SuperSpeed and Hi-Speed USB combination, Secure Digital (SD) card 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The device includes six high-level ESD protection diode structures. They protect sensitive transmitters and receivers for ultra high-speed signal lines. The device is encapsulated in a leadless ultra small DFN2111-7 (SOT1358-1) Surface-Mounted Device (SMD) plastic package.
All signal lines are protected by a special diode configuration offering snapback ultra low line capacitance of only 0.15 pF. These diodes utilize a snapback structure in order to provide protection to downstream components from ESD voltages up to ±15 kV contact exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
- System-level ESD protection for USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 combination, SD card 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces
- Supports SuperSpeed USB 3.1 at 10 Gbps
- Line capacitance of only 0.15 pF for each channel
- All signal lines with integrated rail-to-rail clamping diodes for downstream ESD protection of ±15 kV exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4
- Matched 0.5 mm trace spacing
- Design-friendly pass-through signal routing
The device is designed for high-speed receiver and transmitter port protection:
- Portable and wearable devices
- Smartphones, tablet computers
- TVs and monitors
- DVD recorders and players
- Notebooks, main board graphic cards and ports
- Set-top boxes and game consoles