The device is designed to protect high-speed interfaces such as High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort, USB, external Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (eSATA) and Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) interfaces against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The device includes high-level ESD protection diodes structure for high-speed signal lines in a 4-channel 0.4 mm pitch single Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Package (WLCSP). These features make the device ideal for use in applications requiring component miniaturization such as mobile phone handsets and other portable electronic devices.
All signal lines are protected by a special diode configuration offering ultra low line capacitance of 0.8 pF (typical). These diodes provide protection to downstream components from ESD voltages up to ±8 kV contact according to IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
- Pb-free, Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant and free of halogen and antimony (Dark Green compliant)
- System ESD protection for USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go (USB OTG), Ethernet and Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
- All signal lines with integrated rail-to-rail clamping diodes structure for downstream ESD protection of ±8 kV according to IEC 61000-4-2, level 4
- 2 x 2 solder ball WLCSP with 0.4 mm pitch and height < 500 μm
- Signal lines with ≤ 0.05 pF matching capacitance between signal pairs
- Line capacitance of only 0.8 pF for each channel
The device is designed for high-speed receiver and transmitter port protection:
- Portable devices
- Mobile handsets
- Wireless data systems
- Digital cameras