The device is designed to protect high-speed video interfaces such as High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) and DisplayPort interfaces against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The device includes four high-level ESD protection diode structures. They protect sensitive transmitters and receivers for ultra high-speed signal lines. The device is encapsulated in a leadless small DFN2510A-10 (SOT1176-1) plastic package.
All signal lines are protected by a special diode configuration offering ultra low line capacitance of only 0.2 pF. These diodes utilize a snap-back structure in order to provide protection to downstream components from ESD voltages up to ±15 kV contact exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
- System-level ESD protection for HDMI and DisplayPort
- Line capacitance of only 0.2 pF for each channel
- Outstanding system protection: extremely deep snap-back combined with dynamic resistance of only 0.4 Ω
- All signal lines with integrated rail-to-rail clamping diodes for downstream ESD protection of ±15 kV exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4
- Matched 0.5 mm trace spacing
- Design-friendly ‘pass-through’ signal routing
The device is designed for high-speed receiver and transmitter port protection:
- Smartphones, tablet computers, Mobile Internet Devices (MID) and portable devices
- TVs and monitors
- Blu-ray and DVD recorders and players
- Notebooks, main board graphic cards and ports
- Set-top boxes and game consoles