The IP4234CZ6 is designed to protect Input/Output (I/O) USB 2.0 ports, that are sensitive to capacitive loads, from being damaged by ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD). The π-filter structure is implemented with a small series resistor to provide the necessary protection to signal and supply components from ESD voltages greater than +-8 kV contact discharge according IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
The ESD protection is independent of the supply voltage due to the rail-to-rail diode architecture being connected to a Zener diode.
The IP4234CZ6 is fabricated using monolithic silicon technology and integrates two ultra-low capacitance π-filter ESD protection diodes plus a Zener diode in a miniature 6-lead SOT457 package.
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Simple, direct signal routing provides for high speed signal integrity
- ESD protection compliant to IEC 61000-4-2 level 4, +-8 kV contact discharge
- Significant reduction in peak clamping and peak residual current
- Four low input capacitance (2.0 pF typical) rail-to-rail ESD protection diodes
- Low voltage clamping due to an integrated Zener diode
- Small 6-lead SO6 (SOT457) package
- IEC 61000-4-5 15 A Lightning (8/20 us) compliant
- General-purpose downstream ESD protection high frequency analog signals and high-speed serial data transmission for ports inside:
- Cellular and PCS mobile handsets
- PC/Notebook USB2.0/IEEE1394 ports
- DVI interfaces
- HDMI interfaces
- Cordless telephones
- Wireless data (WAN/LAN) systems