The device is designed to protect high-speed interfaces such as USB 2.0 ports against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The device includes four high-level ESD protection diode structures for high-speed signal lines. It is encapsulated in a small SOT457 (SC-74) Surface-Mounted Device (SMD) plastic package.
All signal lines are protected by a special diode configuration offering ultra low line capacitance of 0.85 pF maximum. This configuration provides protection to downstream components from ESD voltages up to ±12 kV contact according to IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
- System ESD protection for USB 2.0
- All signal lines with integrated rail-to-rail clamping diodes for downstream ESD protection of ±12 kV according to IEC 61000-4-2, level 4
- Line capacitance of 0.85 pF maximum for each channel
The device is designed for receiver and transmitter port protection in:
- Portable devices
- TVs, monitors
- DVD recorders and players
- Notebooks, mother boards, graphic cards and ports
- Set-top boxes and game consoles