The device is designed to protect high-speed interfaces such as SuperSpeed USB 3.1 at 10 Gbps, High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort, external Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (eSATA) and Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) interfaces against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The device includes a high-level ESD protection diode structure protecting sensitive transmitters and receivers for ultra high-speed signal lines. The device is encapsulated in a leadless small DFN2510A-10 (SOT1176-1) plastic package.
All signal lines are protected by a special diode configuration offering ultra low line capacitance of only 0.2 pF maximum. These diodes utilize a snapback structure in order to provide protection to downstream components from ESD voltages up to ±15 kV contact exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
- System-level ESD protection for USB 2.0 and SuperSpeed USB 3.1 at 10 Gbps, HDMI, DisplayPort, eSATA and LVDS
- Line capacitance of only 0.2 pF maximum for each channel
- Outstanding system protection: extremely deep snapback combined with dynamic resistance of only 0.4 Ω
- All signal lines with integrated rail-to-rail clamping diodes for downstream ESD protection of ±15 kV exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4
- Matched 0.5 mm trace spacing
- Signal lines with ≤ 0.05 pF matching capacitance between signal pairs
- Design-friendly ‘pass-through’ signal routing
The device is designed for high-speed receiver and transmitter port protection:
- Smartphones, tablet computers, Mobile Internet Devices (MID) and portable devices
- TVs and monitors
- DVD recorders and players
- Notebooks, main board graphic cards and ports
- Set-top boxes and game consoles