The device is designed to protect high-speed interfaces such as SuperSpeed and Hi - Speed USB combination, Secure Digital (SD) card 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The device includes six high-level ESD protection diode structures for ultra high-speed signal lines and is encapsulated in a DFN2111-7 (SOT1358-1) leadless ultra small Surface-Mounted Device (SMD) plastic package.
All signal lines are protected by a special diode structure offering ultra low line capacitance of only 0.27 pF. These diodes utilize a unique snap-back structure in order to provide protection to downstream components from ESD voltages up to ±10 kV contact exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4.
- System ESD protection for USB 2.0 and USB 3.2 combination, SD card 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces
- All signal lines with integrated rail-to-rail clamping diodes for downstream ESD protection of ±10 kV exceeding IEC 61000-4-2, level 4
- Matched 0.5 mm trace spacing
- Signal lines with ≤ 0.05 pF matching capacitance between signal pairs
- Line capacitance of only 0.27 pF for each channel
- Design-friendly pass-through signal routing
The device is designed for high-speed receiver and transmitter port protection:
- Portable and wearable devices
- Smartphones and tablet PCs
- TVs and monitors
- DVD recorders and players
- Notebooks, main board graphic cards and ports
- Set-top boxes and game consoles