GFCI Sensing Module is a ground fault or equipment leakage device that operates in tandem with an approved Sensate LEL Series 1-3 pole UL 489 listed shunt trip with auxiliary switch circuit breaker. Sensing module meets requirements for moisture resistance and salt spray. Combined assembly is listed as a Class A UL 943 rated device or with higher trip thresholds (i.e. 10mA-100mA) as an ELCI UL 1053 compliant rated device. Sensing device can monitor single and split phase circuits and can operate at either a 120VAC or 240VAC supply voltage.
The contacts of the LEL series hydraulic-magnetic circuit breaker are wiping action contacts as opposed to snap action contacts. This helps to keep the contact surface cleaner during actuations and can reduce contact resistance. In addition to over current protection, the LEL series has a switch rating of 6,000 operations at rated current and an additional 4,000 operations a no power for a total of 10,000 endurance operations. Hydraulic-magnetic circuit breakers have the capability of different time delays that can be tailored to specific applications. The 61 or fast delay is more suited for the protection of pc boards and some electronics. The 62 or medium delay is the most commonly used time delay and is ideal for protecting wiring. The 63 or long time delay is considered a motor start delay and allows for the increased start up current of a motor without nuisance tripping.
The LEL circuit breaker can be offered in various configurations.
• Unit sensing device operates at 120 VAC or 240 VAC 1-Phase
• Industrial design for rough service applications
• Enclosure is Chemical and U.V. resistant
• NEMA 4X wet location rated when mounted with sealing gasket
• Double insulated user interface
• Available in Auto or Manual reset configuration
• Dual power and fault status indicators
• Trip level of sensing device 5mA +/- 1mA Class A UL 943 or 10mA through 100mA ELCI UL1053