The LineGard PGFM product family provides ELCI (equipment leakage) ground fault sensing and is designed and manufactured by North Shore Safety, a leader in innovative safety products. The PGFM series operates in tandem with a Sensata ™ LEL series, UL 489 listed circuit breaker, with shunt trip and auxiliary switch manufactured by Sensata Technologies.
The combined assembly of the PGFM and LEL series meets the requirements of ABYC E-11 for ground fault protection and main shore power circuit protection as well as the ABYC proposed S-31 document (environmental considerations for systems and components onboard boats). The PGFM constantly monitors the current balance of the conductors (wires / cables) supplying power to the boat. When a ground fault of 27mA nominal (30 mA max) occurs, the PGFM uses the LEL’s shunt trip coil to signal the breaker to trip.
• Mitigates Electric Shock Drowning (ESD) per ABYC E-11
• Dual power and fault status indicators
• Provides identification of a ground fault vs. short circuit trip
• Enclosure is Chemical and U.V. resistant
• Trip level sensing device <30mA at trip time of <100mS per ABYC E-11
• Meets environmental considerations of ABYC S-31
• Protection range and operating voltage: 0-50Amps, 120VAC, 120/240VAC, 230VAC (Europe)
• Accommodates up to 3 wires, 6AWG, with no twisting of the wires required