New self-clinching microPEM® TackPin™ (Type T™) fasteners for compact electronicassemblies enable sheet-to-sheet attachment, replacing costly screw installation inapplications where disassembly is not required. TackPin fastener use eliminates typicalscrew-related issues (including tapping, cross-threading, torque control, and vibrationbackout) and ultimately promotes quick and easy installation with minimal hardware.TackPin fasteners can provide a good alternative to welds or adhesives.
Features and Benefits
- Micro sized for fastening within very compact designs.
- Attaches top sheets as thin as 0.2 mm / .008 in.
- Clinches into base panels as hard as HRB 45 / HB 84.
- Interference fit minimizes hole tolerance issues.
- Tapered tip assists location.
- Low-profile head provides cosmetic benefits.
- Replaces screws: eliminating costly tapping, crossthreading, torque control, vibration backout andinstallation time..
Ideal for today’s compact electronics
- Notebooks / Ultrabook™ Devices
- Tablet Computers
- Cell/Smart Phones
- Gaming / Hand Held Devices
Ultrabook™ is a trademark of Intel Corporation