HYPOL* Hydrophilic Polyurethane Prepolymers are unique reactive liquids characterized by high hydrophilicity and are suitable for the manufacture of foams, gels, coatings and elastomers. Because HYPOL enables these products to hold up to twenty times their weight in liquid, functional additives can be easily incorporated as an integral part of the finished product.
HYPOL Polyurethane Prepolymers can be made from any polyisocyanate, aromatic (such as TDI or MDI) or aliphatic (such as IPDI or HDI).
HYPOL Polyurethane Prepolymers may offer several processing advantages:
- improved handling and compatibility of the reaction components
- better control viscosity, polymeric structure and reactivity
- reduced inhalation health hazards due to lower isocyanate monomer vapor pressure
- easy application
- ability to precisely predict the morphology and structure of the end product, ensuring consistently high quality
- provides superior fire retardancy