CRC Chrome, The Hard Chrome Plating Specialists.
Hard Chrome is an electro-chemical process with unique properties that make it ideal for specific purposes, including...
- Repair and Restore Worn Parts
- Increase Life of New Parts
- Corrosion Protection
- Abrasion Resistance
- Excellent Release Properties on Plastic & Rubber Molds
- Improved Appearance of Parts
Unique PROPERTIES of Hard Chrome Plating
- Hard Chrome is usually applied because of its hardness, measuring in the range of 850-100 HV (65-70 Rockwell c scale of hardness). This increases the service life of machine parts.
- Hard Chrome can also be used to re-size parts.
- Hard Chrome provides corrosion protection.
- Hard Chrome can be ground and/or polished for improved surface finish to decrease friction and wear.
- Hard Chrome can be applied to a variety of substrates.
- Hard Chrome has excellent adhesion, greater than 10,000 psi.
Unique USES of Hard Chrome Plating
- Repair and Restore Worn Parts Machine parts that have become worn can be repaired using hard chrome. Parts can be restored to their original dimensions. This usually requires grinding before and after the plating process.
- Increase Life of New Parts Hard chrome plating on the "wear" surfaces of new machine parts will protect against abrasion and wear and increase the life of the parts.
- Corrosion Protection Hard chrome provides excellent corrosion protection on many different substrates in different environments.
- Abrasion Resistance Hard chrome provides excellent abrasion resistance because it has a low coefficient of friction. It lasts 50 to 100 times longer than hardened steel or electroless nickel plated parts.
- Improved Appearance of Parts Hard chrome cam be buffed and/or polished to a brilliant high-polish or satin finish, enhancing the appearance of parts.