SILCON MED-X tubing is made under good manufacturing procedures and conforms to the biocompatibility requirements of USP Class VI.
SILCON MED-X's surface properties resist sticking and encrustation and will not support bacteria growth. The tubing is soft, pliable, and contains no plasticizers which could leach out, causing flow contamination or tube hardening.
Other sizes and 60A durometer material are also available — call for details.
Care is recommended in the selection and application of fittings and clamps as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the wall.
^If exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
SILCON MED-X is supplied in individual, heat-sealed polybags and should be sterilized prior to use.
- Raw materials meet USP Class VI requirements
- Manufactured under good manufacturing procedures in a controlled environment
- Platinum cured for the highest degree of purity (least extractables)
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Applications include pharmaceutical, biomedical, health and beauty, food, and beverage handling
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates
- RoHS compliant