SILCON MEDICAL tubing is made under good manufacturing procedures and conforms to the biocompatibility requirements of USP Class VI. SILCON MEDICAL's surface properties resist sticking and encrustation, and will not support bacteria growth. The tubing is soft, pliable, and contains no plasticizers which could leach out, causing flow contamination or tube hardening.
Care is recommended in the selection and application of fittings and clamps as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the tubing wall.
^If exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
Peroxide-cured SILCON MEDICAL tubing is supplied in individual, non-sterile, heat-sealed polybags and should be sterilized prior to use.
SILCON MEDICAL is not recommended for implantable or in-body uses or for continuous steam applications.
- Finished product meets USP Class VI requirements
- Manufactured under good manufacturing procedures in a controlled environment
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 400°F
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
for use with food contact surfaces
- May be used on peristaltic pumps
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates
- RoHS compliant