DURASHIELD® is a tongue-and-groove fiberglass pultruded panel comprised of a pultruded skin over a foam core. Available in 1″ x 12″ and 3″ x 24″ sizes, the pultruded fiberglass skin of these panels is available in either an isophthalic polyester or vinyl ester resin. Both resin systems are flame retardant (UL94 VO). Vinyl ester is utilized in more corrosive applications. A synthetic surfacing veil is incorporated into the skin to improve weathering, corrosion resistance and resistance to degradation from ultraviolet rays. Resistance to weathering can be further enhanced by the application of a polyurethane paint. The core material is rigid closed-cell urethane foam. The foam core provides an insulation “R” factor of 5 for the 1″ panel and 17 for the 3″ panel.
- Radar, Microwave, Radio and TV Antenna Enclosures
- Enclosures for Electrical Equipment
- Enclosures of Chemical Processing Operations
- Buildings for EMI Testing (Computer Testing)
- Chemical Pit Covers
- Roofs on Wet-End Pulp and Paper Manufacturing
- Modular Buildings