MAN-845 is formulated for general purpose automotive machine shop honing. It is excellent for con rods, piston pins, king pins, or general shop honing. MAN-845 can be boosted if necessary for occasional honing of more difficult materials (like aluminum or high nickel cast iron) by adding a small amount of Sunnen Industrial Honing Oil. It is petroleum based, containing high performance lubricity agents in combination with both sulfur and chlorine extreme pressure additives.
If your application requires automated parts loading/unloading, specialized fixtures, coolant filtration systems or any other custom engineered solutions, our Integrated Systems team is ready to help. The Integrated System team is comprised of the most experienced design and engineering professionals in the industry. They will work closely with you – analyzing application requirements, target tolerances, and process control needs – to develop highly customized solutions to meet your specific needs. Call your Sunnen Sales and Application Engineer today at 1-800-325-3670 for further information.
- Chemistry: Mineral oil, sulfur, chlorine
- Viscosity (SUS): 65
- Hazardous OSHA: Yes
- Hazardous DOT: No
- Size Available:18.91 L (5 gal) pails, 209.21 L (55 gal) drums, 1255 L (330 gal) totes
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Low viscosity creates less oil "carry off" and makes cleaning easier
- Also an excellent screw machine and general purpose cutting oil
- Compatible with the oil and filter system of all Sunnen honing machines and other manufacturers' machine tools in which petroleum oils are normally used