Semiconductor deposition processes use a combination of volatile precursor gases, plasma, and high temperature to layer high quality thin films onto wafers. Deposition chambers and wafer handling tools need durable ceramic components to stand up to these challenging environments.
CoorsTek provides custom engineered OEM components for:
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)
- Electrochemical Plating / Electrochemical Deposition (ECP, ECD)
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
Ceramic plating insulators are used in electrochemical plating (ECP) and electrochemical deposition (ECD) processes, providing strong electrical properties and chemical resistance.
RECOMMENDED DEPOSITION CHAMBER COMPONENT MATERIALS
CoorsTek uses a broad portfolio of semiconductor grade ceramics including:
- Aluminas (Al2O3): PlasmaPure™, Sapphal™, and other high-purity compositions
- Aluminum Nitride (AlN)
- PureSiC® Silicon Carbide (SiC)
- Coatings: CVD SiC, ESD-Safe, Yttria