Heat cure coating for high loads with good corrosion protection and very good chemicals resistance
MOLYKOTE® 7409 Bonded Lubricantis a dispersion of solid lubricants in an organic resin-solvent system. When applied to metal surfaces it forms an extremely adherent, dry film with excellent corrosion-preventing properties and an operating temperature range of -70 to 380°C (-94 to 716°F). The solid lubricants provide a low coefficient of friction and high load-carrying capacity under conditions where conventional lubricants are ineffective or undesirable.
MOLYKOTE 7409 Bonded Lubricant is one of a range of bonded lubricants available from Dow Corning, each of which has been designed to meet particular handling, processing and operating conditions.
Special features of MOLYKOTE 7409 Bonded Lubricant include:
- High load-carrying capacity
- Long wear life
- Excellent corrosion-preventing properties
- Outstanding resistance to hydraulic fluids, oils and solvents
- Dry, nontacky film that does not attract dust
- Good adhesion, even when surface is not pretreated
- Use in very thin films (down to 3 microns)