Extreme-pressure, dry film lubricant provides exceptional release and lubricating properties
Molykote® 557 Silicone Dry Film Lubricant is:
- An extreme-pressure lubricant with exceptional release properties for cutting and forming metals, and with lubricating properties for heavily loaded tracks, cams, slides, etc.
- Colorless in thin films
- Nonstaining to paper or fabrics
The solvent evaporates after application, leaving a nearly transparent, thin film. This lubricant film begins to melt at 32°C (90°F) and adheres tenaciously to most surfaces, whether in a solid or fluid state.
Molykote® 557 Silicone Dry Film Lubricant can be used:
- In steel production where it can increase slitter-blade life, resulting in clean, square edges
- In aluminum production where it can lengthen the life of tools and dies, improve surface finish, lubricate sliding surfaces and surfaces during extruding, deep drawing or spinning
- In machine shops where it can improve surface finishes; extend the life of cutting tools, taps, dies, drills, slitters, and forming tools; reduce wear and reduce stick-slip or metal seizure on bearings, slides, cams adjusting screws, guides and ways
- For textile, paper and woodworking industries where it can reduce wear and friction and reduce product staining from spinning frames, knives, scissors, punches, chain, conveyors or material-handling equipment
- For rubber and plastic industries where it can reduce sticking, pickup or product contamination from handling equipment, knives, conveyors or sliding surfaces