The 1409T is a used Capacitance Standard from General Radio. Engineers use direct current (DC) voltage standards to calibrate, standardize, normalize, and monitor drift, verify linearity, and establish regulation in electronic equipment. Standards are important during electronics compliance testing. Phase angle standards are ideal for calibrating many different electronics, including power analyzers, vector voltmeters, phase meters, phase sensitive instruments, and resolvers.
- 0.1µF Standard Capacitor
- Excellent stability: ±100 ppm/year
- Two-to-five terminal configuration, depending on model
- 2-terminal and 3-terminal calibrations provided, where applicable
- Use to verify meter and instrumentation calibration
- Nominal value: 100 nF
- Initial Adjustment to nominal: ±0.02%
- Temperature coefficient (ppm/°C): 20
- Calibration frequency: 1 kHz
- Dissipation (typical): 0.0003
- Stability (per year): ±100 ppm
- Max voltage Peak: 500 V
- Max Frequency: 10 kHz
- Terminals: 2 bp's + gnd
- Capacitor type: Silvered Mica, mechanically stabilized, hermetically sealed
- Leakage Resistance: 5,000 ohm-Farads or 100 GΩ, whichever is less
- Environment: Operating: +10 to +40°C, <80% RH; Storage: -20 to +65°C
The 1409 Standard Capacitors are fixed value capacitors with very high stability for use as two, three, or five-terminal laboratory reference standards.
Typical capacitors, observed over more than 15 years, have shown random fluctuations of less than ±0.01% in measured capacitance with no evidence of systematic drift.
The capacitors of ≤1 µF consist of a silvered mica and foil pile, spring-held in a heavy-duty metal clamping structure for mechanical stability. The units are selected for low dissipation factor and are stabilized by heat cycling. They are housed in cast aluminum cases, along with silica gel which provides continuous dessication.
These cases are sealed with high-temperature wax. A well is provided in the wall of the case for insertion of a dial-type thermometer. Three jack-top binding posts are provided on the top of the case, and removable banana plugs on the bottom, for convenient parallel connection without error.