Standard Equipment Includes:
- Dec Scanner
- Shoulder strap
- Survey pad
- Foam lined, aluminum sided flight rady carrying case
Roof Moisture Detector
- Designed for non-destructive testing of built up roofing
- Able to detect as little as 2% excess moisture
- Instantaneous, clear indications of roof conditions
- 3 scales of operation for all roof types
- Continuous operation for uninterupted coverage
- Locates boundaries of wet areas in minutes
- More than twice as fast as nuclear meters, able to test thinner roofs, and no license required
- A fraction of the cost of airborne and on the roof infra-red systems
- Easy to use, no training required
- Dependable solid state circuitry and rugged molded case for long-term reliability
The Dec Scanner indicates the relative moisture content of the roof. To determine absolute moisture content, core samples may then be taken from the worst areas, or a pocket moisture meter may be used on site. Before long, experience will enable the operator to estimate absolute moisure content from relative readings.
The Dec Scanner is a completely non-hazardous, lightweight, portable instrument. It is reliable, easy to use and yields good information. Additional advantages of the Dec Scanner include its affordability, low operarating costs (batteries), and the high speed with which large areas can be completely and accurately surveyed with continuous readouts.
- Roofing systems consist of decking covered with a layer or more of insulation which, in turn, is covered with a layer of waterproof membrane. The longevity and insulating properties of the roof are dependent on keeping the insulation dry. Therefore it is essential to regularly examine the roof for mechanical damage, weathering, ingress of water, etc. The Dec Scanner has been designed specifically to detect leaks and determine if moisture penetration has taken place.
Uses harmless electronic field
- The presence of moisture in roof insulation causes a dramatic increase in its electrical conductance. The Dec Scanner has been designed to sense this change, through layers of non conductive membrane.
- The Dec Scanner uses two 1.5 volt batteries to generate a low energy electric field. As the Dec Scanner is moved over the surface of a roof, the flexible electrodes on its base monitor the roof’s electrical properties and any change is immediately indicated on the meter. The process is completely safe and non destructive, and there is no need to obtain a