The MIC4722 is a high efficiency PWM buck (step-down) regulator that provides up to 3A of output current. The MIC4722 operates at 2.7MHz that makes it suitable for next generation XDSL modems requiring operating frequencies in excess of 2.4MHz and has proprietary internal compensation that allows a closed loop bandwidth of over 200kHz.
The low on-resistance internal p-channel MOSFET of the MIC4722 allows efficiencies over 92%, reduces external components count and eliminates the need for an expensive current sense resistor.
The MIC4722 operates from 2.7V to 5.5V input and the output can be adjusted down to 1V. The devices can operate with a maximum duty cycle of 100% for use in low-dropout conditions.
- 2.7V to 5.5V supply voltage
- 2.7MHz PWM mode
- Output current to 3A
- >92% efficiency
- 100% maximum duty cycle
- Adjustable output voltage option down to 1V
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Ultra-small external components Stable with a 0.47µH inductor and a 4.7µF output capacitor
- Fully integrated 3A MOSFET switch
- Micropower shutdown
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range