The MIC2205 is a high efficiency 2MHz PWM synchronous buck (step-down) regulator that features a LowQ® size, and high efficiency solution for portable power applications.
In PWM mode, the MIC2205 operates with a constant frequency 2MHz PWM control. Under light load conditions, such as in system sleep or standby modes, the PWM switching operation can be disabled to reduce switching losses. In this light load LowQ® mode, the LDO maintains the output voltage and draws only 18µA of quiescent current. The LDO mode of operation saves battery life while not introducing spurious noise and high ripple as experienced with pulse skipping or bursting mode regulators.
The MIC2205 operates from 2.7V to 5.5V input and features internal power MOSFETs that can supply up to 600mA output current in PWM mode. It can operate with a maximum duty cycle of 100% for use in low-dropout conditions.
- 2.7V to 5.5V supply voltage
- Light load LowQ® LDO mode
- 18µA quiescent current
- Low noise, 75mVrms
- 2MHz PWM mode
- Output current to 600mA
- >95% efficiency
- 100% maximum duty cycle
- Adjustable output voltage option down to 1V
- Fixed output voltage option available
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Stable with 1µF ceramic output capacitor
- Fully integrated MOSFET switches
- Micropower shutdown
- 40ºC to 125ºC junction temperature range
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection