The MIC4680 SuperSwitcher™ is an easy-to-use fixed or adjustable output voltage step-down (buck) switch-mode voltage regulator. The 200kHz MIC4680 achieves up to 1.3A of continuous output current over a wide input range in a 8-pin SOIC.
The MIC4680 is available in 3.3V and 5V fixed output versions or adjustable output down to 1.25V.
The MIC4680 has an input voltage range of 4V to 34V, with excellent line, load, and transient response. The regulator performs cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown for protection under fault conditions. In shutdown mode, the regulator draws less than 2µA of standby current.
The MIC4680 SuperSwitcher™ regulator requires a minimum number of external components and can operate using a standard series of inductors and capacitors. Frequency compensation is provided internally for fast transient response and ease of use.
The MIC4680 is available in the 8-pin SOIC with a -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- SOIC-8 package with up to 1.3A output current
- All surface mount solution
- Only 4 external components required
- Fixed 200kHz operation
- 3.3V, 5V, and adjustable output versions
- Internally compensated with fast transient response
- Wide operating input voltage range: 4V to 34V
- Less than 2µA typical shutdown-mode current
- Up to 90% efficiency
- Thermal shutdown
- Overcurrent protection