The MIC4930 is a high-efficiency, 3A synchronous buck regulator with ultra-fast transient response perfectly suited for supplying processor core and I/O voltages from a 5V or 3.3V bus. The MIC4930 provides a switching frequency up to 3.3MHz while achieving peak efficiencies up to 95%. An additional benefit of high-frequency operation is very low output ripple voltage throughout the entire load range with the use of a small output capacitor. The MIC4930 is designed for use with a very small inductor, down to 1μH, and an output ceramic capacitor as small as 10μF without the need for external ripple injection. A wide range of output capacitor types and values can also be accommodated.
The MIC4930 supports safe start-up into a pre-biased output.
The MIC4930 is available in a 10-pin 3mm — 4mm DFN package with an operating junction temperature range from -40°C to +125°C. The MIC4930 is pin-to-pin compatible with the 5A-rated MIC4950YFL.
- Input voltage: 2.7V to 5.5V
- 3A output current
- Up to 95% efficiency
- Up to 3.3MHz operation
- Safe start-up into a pre-biased output
- Power Good output
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Low output voltage ripple
- Low RDS(ON) integrated MOSFET switches
- 0.01μA shutdown current
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- Output voltage as low as 0.7V
- 3mm — 4mm DFN-10L
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range