The MIC26600 is a constant-frequency, synchronous buck regulator featuring a unique digitally modified adaptive ON-time control architecture. The MIC26600 operates over an input supply range of 4.5V to 26V and provides a regulated output at up to 7A of output current. The output voltage is adjustable down to 0.8V with a typical accuracy of ±1%, and the device operates at a switching frequency of 300kHz.
Hyper Speed Control™ architecture allows for ultra-fast transient response while reducing the output capacitance and also makes (High VIN)/(Low VOUT) operation possible. This digitally modified adaptive tON ripple control architecture combines the advantages of fixed-frequency operation and fast transient response in a single device.
The MIC26600 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protection of the IC during fault conditions. These include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation under power-sag conditions, internal soft-start to reduce inrush current, fold-back current limit, "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown.
- Hyper Speed Control™ architecture enables
- High delta V operation (VIN = 26V and VOUT = 0.8V)
- Small output capacitance
- 4.5V to 26V input voltage
- Adjustable output from 0.8V to 5.5V (±1% accuracy)
- Any Capacitor™ Stable
- Zero ESR to high ESR output capacitance
- 7A output current capability
- 300kHz switching frequency
- Internal compensation
- Up to 95% efficiency
- 6ms Internal soft-start
- Foldback current limit and "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection
- Thermal shutdown
- Supports safe start-up into a pre-biased load
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range