The MIC2204 is a high efficiency 2MHz PWM synchronous buck switching regulator. Power conversion efficiency of above 95% is easily obtainable over a wide range of applications. A proprietary internal compensation technique ensures stability with the smallest possible inductor and ceramic output capacitor.
The MIC2204 operates from 2.3V to 5.5V input and features internal power MOSFETs that can supply over 600mA of output current with output voltages down to 1V. The MIC2204 implements a constant 2MHz pulse-width-modulation (PWM) control scheme which reduces spurious noise in sensitive RF and communication applications. Additionaly, the MIC2204 can be synchronized to an external clock, or multiple MIC2204s can easily be daisy-chained with the SYNCLOCK feature.
The MIC2204 has a high bandwidth loop (typ. 200kHz) which allows ultra fast transient response times. This is very useful when powering applications that require fast dynamic response such as CPU cores and RF circuitry in high performance cellular phones and PDAs.
The MIC2204 is available in 10-pin MSOP package with an operating junction temperature range from -40°C to 125°C .
- Input voltage range: 2.3V to 5.5V
- Output down to 1V @ 600mA
- 2MHz PWM operation
- Ultra-fast transient response (typical 200kHz GBW)
- Internal compensation
- All ceramic capacitors
- >95% efficiency
- Fully integrated MOSFET switches
- Easily synchronized to external clock
- SYNCLOCK feature to daisy chain multiple 2204s
- <340µA quiescent current
- Logic controlled micropower shutdown
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- 10-pin MSOP package
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range