The MIC28512 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator with internal power switches capable of providing up to 2A output current from a wide input supply range from 4.6V to 70V. The output voltage is adjustable down to 0.8V with a guaranteed accuracy of ±1%. A constant switching frequency can be programmed from 200kHz to 680kHz. The Hyper Speed Control™ and HyperLight Load® architectures of the MIC28512 allow for high VIN (low VOUT) operation and ultra-fast transient response while reducing the required output capacitance and providing very good light load efficiency.
The MIC28512 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protections under fault conditions. These include under-voltage lockout to ensure proper operation under power sag conditions, internal soft-start to reduce inrush current, fold-back current limit, "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown.
- 4.6V to 70V operating input voltage supply
- Up to 2A output current
- Integrated high-side and low-side N-channel MOSFETs
- HyperLight Load® (MIC28512-1) and Hyper Speed Control™ (MIC28512-2) architecture
- Enable input and power good (PGOOD) output
- Programmable current limit and foldback "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection
- Built-in 5V regulator for single-supply operation
- Adjustable 200kHz to 680kHz switching frequency
- Fixed 5ms soft-start
- Internal compensation and thermal shutdown
- Thermally enhanced 24-pin 3mm — 4mm FCQFN package
- Junction temperature range of -40°C to +125°C