The MIC23158/9 is a high efficiency 3MHz dual 2A synchronous buck regulator with HyperLight Load® mode, Power Good output indicator, and programmable soft start. The MIC23159 also provides an auto discharge feature that switches in a 225Ω pull down circuit on its output to discharge the output capacitor when disabled. HyperLight Load® provides very high efficiency at light loads and ultra fast transient response which makes the MIC23158/9 perfectly suited for supplying processor core voltages. An additional benefit of this proprietary architecture is very low output ripple voltage throughout the entire load range with the use of small output capacitors.
The MIC23158/9 is designed for use with a very small inductor, down to 0.47µH, and an output capacitor as small as 2.2µF that enables a total solution size, less than 1mm in height.
The MIC23158/9 has a very low quiescent current of 45µA and achieves a peak efficiency of 94% in continuous conduction mode. In discontinuous conduction mode, the MIC23158/9 can achieve 83% efficiency at 1mA.
- Input voltage: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Output voltage: Adjustable (down to 1.0V)
- Two independent 2A outputs
- Up to 94% peak efficiency
- 83% typical efficiency at 1mA
- Two independent Power Good Indicators
- Independent programmable Soft Start
- 45µA typical quiescent current
- 3MHz PWM operation in continuous conduction mode
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Fully integrated MOSFET switches
- Output pre-bias safe
- 0.01µA shutdown current
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- Junction temperature range of -40°C to +125°C