The MIC4724 is a high efficiency PWM buck (step-down) regulator that provides up to 3A of output current. The MIC4724 operates at 2.0MHz and has proprietary internal compensation that allows a closed loop bandwidth of over 200kHz.
The low on-resistance internal p-channel MOSFET of the MIC4724 allows efficiencies over 92%, reduces external components count and eliminates the need for an expensive current sense resistor.
The MIC4724 operates from 3.0V to 6.0V input and the output can be adjusted down to 1V. The devices can operate with a maximum duty cycle of 100% for use in low-dropout conditions.
The MIC4724 is available in 10-pin ePad MSOP package with a junction operating range from -40°C to +125°C.
- 3.0 to 6.0V supply voltage
- 2.0MHz PWM mode
- Output current to 3A
- Up to 94% efficiency
- 100% maximum duty cycle
- Adjustable output voltage option down to 1V
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Ultra-small external components stable with a 1µH inductor and a 4.7µF output capacitor
- Fully integrated 3A MOSFET switch
- Micropower shutdown
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- Pb-free 10-pin ePad MSOP package
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range