The MIC4574 is a series of easy to use fixed and adjustable BiCMOS step-down (buck) switch-mode voltage regulators. The 200kHz MIC4574 duplicates the pinout and function of the 52kHz LM2574. The higher switching frequency may allow up to a 2:1 reduction in output filter inductor size.
The MIC4574 is available in 3.3V, and 5V fixed output versions or a 1.23V to 20V adjustable output version. Both versions are capable of driving a 0.5A load with excellent line and load regulation.
The feedback voltage is guaranteed to±2% tolerance for adjustable versions, and the output voltage is guaranteed to ±3% for fixed versions, within specified voltages and load conditions. The oscillator frequency is guaranteed to ±10%.
In shutdown mode, the regulator draws less than 200µA standby current. The regulator performs cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown for protection under fault conditions.
This series of simple switch-mode regulators requires a minimum number of external components and can operate using a standard series of inductors. Frequency compensation is provided internally.
The MIC4574 is available in DIP (N) packages for the industrial temperature range.
- Fixed 200kHz operation
- 3.3V, 5V, and adjustable output versions
- Voltage over specified line and load conditions:
- Fixed version: ±3% max. output voltage
- Adjustable version: ±2% max. feedback voltage
- Guaranteed 0.5A switch current
- Wide input voltage range: 4V to 24V
- Wide output voltage range: 1.23V to 20V
- Requires minimum external components
- < 200µA typical shutdown mode
- 75% efficiency (adjustable version > 75% typ.)
- Standard inductors and capacitors are
- 25% of typical LM2574 values
- Thermal shutdown
- Overcurrent protection
- 100% electrical thermal limit burn-in