The MIC22705 is a high-efficiency, 7A integrated switch synchronous buck (step-down) regulator. The MIC22705 is optimized for highest efficiency, achieving more than 95% efficiency while still switching at 1MHz. The ultra-high speed control loop keeps the output voltage within regulation even under the extreme transient load swings commonly found in FPGAs and low-voltage ASICs. The output voltage is pre-bias safe and can be adjusted down to 0.7V to address all low-voltage power needs.
The MIC22705 offers a full range of sequencing and tracking options. The Enable/Delay (EN/DLY) pin, combined with the Power Good (PG) pin, allows multiple outputs to be sequenced in any way during turn-on and turn-off. The Ramp Control™ (RC) pin allows the device to be connected to another product in the MIC22xxx and/or MIC68xxx family, to keep the output voltages within a certain ∆V on start-up.
- Input voltage range: 2.9V to 5.5V
- Output voltage adjustable down to 0.7V
- Output load current up to 7A
- Safe start-up into a pre-biased load
- Full sequencing and tracking capability
- Power Good output
- Efficiency >95% across a broad load range
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Easy RC compensation
- 100% maximum duty cycle
- Fully-integrated MOSFET switches
- Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range