The MIC26603-ZA is a constant-frequency, synchronous buck regulator featuring a unique adaptive ON-time control architecture. The MIC26603-ZA operates over an input supply range of 4.5V to 28V and provides a regulated output of up to 6A of output current. The output voltage is adjustable down to 0.6V with a guaranteed accuracy of ±1%, and the device operates at a switching frequency of 600kHz.
Hyper Speed Control™ architecture allows for ultra-fast transient response while reducing the output capacitance and also makes (High VIN)/(Low VOUT) operation possible. This adaptive tON ripple control architecture combines the advantages of fixed-frequency operation and fast transient response in a single device.
The MIC26603-ZA offers a full suite of features to ensure protection of the IC during fault conditions. These include under voltage lockout to ensure proper operation under power-sag conditions, internal soft-start to reduce inrush current, foldback current limit, "hiccup mode" short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown. An open-drain Power Good (PG) pin is provided.
- Hyper Speed Control™ architecture enables
- High Delta V operation (VIN = 28V and VOUT = 0.6V)
- Small output capacitance
- 4.5V to 28V voltage input
- 6A output current capability, up to 95% efficiency
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.6V to 5.5V
- ±1% feedback accuracy
- Any Capacitor™ stable - zero-to-high ESR
- 600kHz switching frequency
- No external compensation
- Power Good (PG) output
- Foldback current-limit and short-circuit protection
- Supports safe startup into a pre-biased load
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Available in 28-pin 5mm x 6mm QFN package