The MIC24056 is a constant-frequency, synchronous DC/DC buck regulator featuring adaptive on-time control architecture. The MIC24056 operates over a supply range of 4.5V to 19V. It has an internal linear regulator which provides a regulated 5V to power the internal control circuitry. MIC24056 operates at a constant 600kHz switching frequency in continuous-conduction mode and can be used to provide up to 12A of output current. The output voltage is adjustable down to 0.8V.
HyperLight Load® architecture provides the same high efficiency and ultra-fast transient response as the Hyper Speed Control™ architecture under medium to heavy loads, but also maintains high efficiency under light load conditions by transitioning to variable frequency, discontinuous mode operation.
The MIC24056 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protection of the IC during fault conditions. These include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation under power-sag conditions, thermal shutdown, internal soft start to reduce the inrush current, foldback current-limit and "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection. The MIC24056 includes a power good (PG) output to allow simple sequencing. The 12A Hyper Speed Control™ part, MIC24055, is also available.
- HyperLight Load® efficiency - up to 80% at 10mA
- Hyper Speed Control™ architecture enables
- High delta V operation (VIN = 19V and VOUT = 0.8V)
- Small output capacitance
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 19V
- Output current up to 12A
- Up to 95% efficiency
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.8V to 5.5V
- ±1% feedback accuracy
- Any Capacitor™ stable - zero-to-high ESR
- 600kHz switching frequency
- Power Good (PG) output
- Foldback current-limit and "hiccup" mode short-circuit protection
- Safe start-up into pre-biased loads
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Available in 28-pin 5mm — 6mm QFN package