The MIC5396/7/8/9 is an advanced dual LDO ideal for powering general purpose portable devices. The MIC5396/7/8/9 provides two high-performance, independent 300mA LDOs in a single package. This makes it possible to improve system efficiency by providing two independent supply inputs that can be optimized for each individual LDO. The MIC5396/7/8/9 also features a wide output voltage range down to 1.0V.
Its full feature set and low dropout voltage make it ideal for battery-powered applications. The MIC5396/7/8/9 offers 2% accuracy, low dropout voltage (160mV at 300mA), and low ground current (typically 42µA per LDO at full load). The MIC5396/7/8/9 can also be put into a zero off mode current state, drawing virtually no current when disabled.
When the MIC5397/9 is disabled an internal resistive load is automatically applied to the output to discharge the output capacitor. In addition, the MIC5398/9 offers an internal enable pull-down resistor to ensure that the output is disabled when the enable is in tri-state mode. These LDO's also offer fast transient response and high PSRR while consuming a minimum operating current. The family is available in a tiny 8-pin, 1.2mm x 1.6mm leadless Extra Thin DFN package.
- 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Independent power inputs
- Output voltage range from 1V to 3.3V
- Two 300mA outputs
- High output accuracy (±2%)
- Low quiescent current: 37µA typical/LDO
- Stable with 1µF ceramic output capacitors
- Low dropout voltage (160mV at 300mA)
- Independent enable pins
- Internal enable pull-down (MIC5398, MIC5399)
- Output discharge circuit (MIC5397, MIC5399)
- Thermal-shutdown protection
- Current-limit protection
- 8-pin 1.2mm x 1.6mm Extra Thin DFN package