The MIC37150/51/52/53 is a 1.5A low dropout linear voltage regulator that provides a low-voltage, high-current output with a minimum of external components. It offers high precision, ultra-low dropout (500mV over temperature), and low ground current.
The MIC37150/51/52/53 operates from an input of 2.25V to 6.0V. It is designed to drive digital circuits requiring low voltage at high currents (i.e., PLDs, DSPs, microcontrollers, etc.). It is available in fixed and adjustable output voltages. Fixed voltages include 1.5V, 1.65V, 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V. The adjustable version is capable of supplying output voltages from 1.24V to 5.5V.
Features of the MIC37150/51/52/53 LDO include thermal and current limit protection, and reverse current and reverse battery protection. Logic-enable and error flag pins are available.
Junction temperature range of the MIC37150/51/52/53 is -40°C to +125°C.
For applications requiring input voltage greater than 6.0V, see MIC3910x, MIC3915x, MIC3930x, and MIC3950x LDOs.
- 1.5A minimum guaranteed output current
- 500mV maximum dropout voltage over temperature
- Ideal for 3.0V to 2.5V conversion
- Ideal for 2.5V to 1.8V, 1.65V, or 1.5V conversion
- Stable with ceramic or tantalum capacitor
- Wide input voltage range: VIN: 2.25V to 6.0V
- ±1.0% initial output tolerance
- Fixed and adjustable output voltages
- MIC37150 - 3-pin fixed voltages
- MIC37151 - 5-pin S-Pak or 8-pin ePad SOIC
- Fixed voltages with flag
- MIC37152 - 5-pin adjustable voltage
- MIC37153 - 8-pin adjustable voltage with flag
- Excellent line and load regulation specifications
- Logic controlled shutdown
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- Reverse-leakage protection
- Low profile 3 or 5-pin S-Pak packages or 8-pin ePad SOIC