TC1016 is a high accuracy (typically ±0.5%) CMOS upgrade for bipolar low dropout regulators. It is offered in an SC-70 package, which represents 50% reduced footprint vs. the widely used SOT-23 package.Designed specifically for battery-operated systems, the devices' CMOS construction eliminates wasted ground current, significantly extending battery life. Supply current is typically 50µA at full load (20 to 60 times lower than in bipolar regulators).
Key features for the device include ultra low-noise operation, fast response to step changes in load, and very low dropout voltage, typically 150 mV at full load. Supply current is reduced to 0.5 µA (max) and VOUT falls to zero when the shutdown input is low. The device also incorporates over-temperature and over-current protection.The TC1016 is stable with an output capacitor of only 1 µF (ceramic) and has a rated output current of 80mA.
- Extremely Low Operating Current for Longer Battery Life: 53 uA (typical)
- Very Low Dropout Voltage: 150 mV at 80 mA
- Rated 80 mA Output Current
- High Output Voltage Accuracy: ±0.5% (typical)
- Fast Wake Up Time from SHDN
- Power-Saving Shutdown Mode: 0.05uA(Typ.)
- Over-Current and Over-Temperature Protection
- Pin Compatible Upgrade for Bipolar Regulators
- Stability with Low-ESR Ceramic Capacitors