The MIC39500 and MIC39501 are 5A low-dropout linear voltage regulators that provide a low-voltage, high-current output with a minimum of external components. Utilizing proprietary Super βeta PNP® pass element, the MIC39500/1 offers extremely low dropout (typically 400mV at 5A) and low ground current (typically 70mA at 5A).
The MIC39500/1 is ideal for PC add-in cards that need to convert from standard 2.5V or 3.3V, down to new, lower core voltages. A guaranteed maximum dropout voltage of 500mV over all operating conditions allows the MIC39500/1 to provide 2.5V from a supply as low as 3V or 1.8V from 2.5V. The MIC39500/1 also has fast transient response for heavy switching applications. The device requires only 47µF of output capacitance to maintain stability and achieve fast transient response
The MIC39500/1 is fully protected with overcurrent limiting, thermal shutdown, reverse battery protection, reverse ead insertion protection, and reverse leakage protection. The MIC39501 offers a TTL logic-compatible enable pin and an error flag that indicates undervoltage and overcurrent conditions. Offered in a fixed voltages, 1.8V and 2.5V, the MIC39500/1 comes in the TO-220 and TO-263 packages and an ideal upgrade to older, NPN-based linear voltage regulators.
For applications requiring input voltage greater than 16V, see the MIC29500/1/2/3 family. For applications with input voltage 6V or below, see MIC3750x LDOs.
- 5A minimum guaranteed output current
- 400mV dropout voltage
- Ideal for 3.0V to 2.5V conversion
- Ideal for 2.5V to 1.8V conversion
- 1% initial accuracy
- Low ground current
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown
- Reverse battery and reverse lead insertion protection
- Reverse leakage protection
- Fast transient response
- TO-263 and TO-220 packages
- TTL/CMOS-compatible enable pin (MIC39501 only)
- Error flag output (MIC39501 only)
- Ceramic capacitor stable (See application information)