The XC4 PWM digital drive is a high-performance single-axis motor drive designed for motion control applications. All versions are compatible with the Automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus.
The XC4 PWM amplifiers control brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, and stepper motor types at up to 320 VDC operating voltage and 30 A peak current capability.
The current loop and servo-loop are closed digitally to ensure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates of up to 20 kHz and allows digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
Standard features for the XC4 include Safe Torque Off (STO), a data array consisting of over 4 million 32-bit elements, digital and analog I/O (see table), one-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO), dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs, and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders.
The standard XC4 accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts-per-second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 16,384, producing high-resolution position feedback, with the optional encoder multiplier feature.
Each single-axis XC4 PWM digital drive has an optional I/O expansion board, greatly increasing the number of I/O points. This I/O board includes a dedicated PSO output and a PSO synchronization input, often used to synchronize process control with an external mode-locked frequency input.
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- Up to 30 A peak output current
- Integral power supply
- Drive brush, brushless, voice coil, and stepper motors
- Safe Torque Off (STO) safety circuit
- Drive array consisting of more than 4 million 32-bit elements
- Includes single-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- Optional two-axis or three-axis Part-Speed PSO
- Optional I/O expansion board
- Optional 16K encoder multiplier for amplified sine wave encoders up to 450 kHz
- High resolution digital current, velocity, and position loops
- NRTL safety certification and CE approval; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive