Pleora’s iPORT™ SB-GigE-EV7520A External Frame Grabber improves the usability of Sony block FCB-EV7520A cameras by allowing designers to treat them as native GigE Vision® cameras. With this external frame grabber, Sony block FCB-EV7520A cameras can leverage the simple, long-distance cabling of GigE for both video and control signals. The cameras can also be used with a broader selection of lower cost computing platforms.
The SB-GigE-EV7520A transmits full-resolution video from a Sony block FCB-EV7520A camera with low, predictable latency over a GigE link for distances up to 100 meters using standard CAT5e/6 cabling. The connection at the PC is a standard GigE port, eliminating the need for a desktop PC with an available peripheral card slot for a traditional frame grabber. As a result, designers can reduce system size, cost, and power consumption by using smaller form factor computing platform, such as laptops, embedded PCs, and single-board computers.
The SB-GigE-EV7520A presents a user friendly interface to the Sony® VISCA™ protocol set, both graphically and in the eBUS SDK (software development kit). This allows system designers to rapidly prototype interactions between the SB-GigE-EV7520A, the Sony block camera, and their software to quickly deploy production-ready software.
- Transforms Sony block FCB-EV7520A camera into GigE Vision camera – transmit full-resolution images at the maximum rate supported by the block camera with low, predictable latency
- Power, control, and video over the same cable
- Plugs into a wide range of computing platforms without needing a PCI frame grabber
- Converts video to 8-bit monochrome formats to conserve bandwidth (except in 1080p modes at 50 fps or higher)
- Simplifies Sony VISCA interface
- GigE Vision and GenICam compliant, enabling interoperability in multi-vendor environments