Tripp Lite UT1250UL Utility Work Truck Inverter / Charger are the quiet alternative to gas generators with no fumes, fuel or noise. It provides equipment with utility or generator supplied AC electricity filtered through premium ISOBAR surge protection. This DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line to battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter suitable for rugged work site applications. Supplies up to 1250 watts of continuous 120V AC power from any 12V DC battery or automotive DC source. OverPower inverter output feature temporarily provides up to 150% of the continuous output for 1-60 minutes, and DoubleBoost inverter output feature delivers up to 200% of continuous output for up to 10 seconds, providing the extra power needed to start heavy-duty tools and motorized equipment. When AC cable is connected to a live wall socket, commercial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3-stage selectable 10/40Amp charging system. In UPS mode, the UT system responds to blackouts and voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery derived AC output. A set of high current DC input terminals is included for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling – see owners manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control, powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other devices with high current needs on startup. Included is the APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LED’s, which provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information. The UT1250UL supports an unlimited amount of runtime with user-supplied batteries.
NOTE: To protect against high current draw that may occur during inverter failure, a fuse link rated at 200a should be positioned no more than 18" from the UT1250UL's battery in the positive line.
- 16.6 millisecond automatic transfer between line and battery power supports UPS protection for equipment compatible with a one cycle transfer time
- 1250W continuous AC output in inverter mode, 2500W continuous AC output in AC mode
- DoubleBoost output supports momentary startup loads of up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds - OverPower output supports duration overloads to 150% for 1-60 minutes under ideal battery and temperature conditions
- 3-stage selectable 10/40 Amp battery charger with adjustable settings for wet/gel/AGM battery types
- 2 NEMA 5-15R GFCI protected outlets pass 120V line power or inverter output through to connected equipment
- 3 position operating mode switch supports “AUTO” mode to enable automatic transfer between DC and AC modes, CHARGE ONLY to maintain a full battery charge when AC is present without auto transfer and SYSTEM OFF settings
- Set of 6 front panel LED’s display continuous status
- Set of 4 dip switches support wet/gel/AGM battery charging profiles, adjustable 135/145V high voltages and selectable 75/85/95/105V AC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts
- Set of 4 additional dip switches support 4 levels of charger limiting relative to output load size, a battery equalization program and battery charger low/high settings
- Resettable 10A charger AC input breaker and settable 12A AC output breaker and automatic 2-speed cooling fan
- Automatic overload and thermal (overheating) shutoff
- Front panel remote control connector enables remote off/on switching with included APSRM4 remote
- Load sensing control dial enables adjustable load threshold required to automatically turn the inverter on and off in DC mode as load conditions change
- Includes a battery temperature sensor with 20 foot cable to prolong battery life by adjusting the charge level based on battery temperature