MG Chemicals 832TC is a thermally conductive encapsulating and potting epoxy compound designed for use with electronics. It uses a high-purity aluminum oxide to provide excellent thermal conductivity at reasonable costs. This black, two-part epoxy provides superior shock insulation and impact protection value.
The 832TC epoxy provides very strong electrical insulation and protects against static discharges, shocks, vibrations, mechanical impacts, environmental humidity, salt water and many harsh chemicals. It protects circuits by reducing the risk of heat build-up and should be used to pot or encapsulate printed circuit assemblies where thermal management is a concern. It also helps hide and restrict access to proprietary design elements.
- Thermal conductivity of 0.68 W/(m•K)
- Low exotherm
- Convenient 1A:1B volume mix ratio
- High compressive and tensile strength
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics, and many plastics
- Excellent electrical insulating characteristics
- Extreme resistance to water and humidity (allows for submersion where needed)