In 2009, the aviation industry committed to an average improvement in fuel efficiency of 1.5% annually through 2020. In order to help our customers achieve the requirements, PIC Wire & Cable® has continually developed lighter-weight components. We also understand that lighter components equal thousands of dollars saved over the lifetime of an aircraft.
Our new Ultralite cables are yet another example of an innovative cable solution that is both low loss and lightweight.
At PIC we design every product with our customers in mind. We want to make your job easier and we believe that begins with the design of products. Infused with 45 years of industry-leading knowledge and engineering expertise each of our interconnects is designed to deliver superior performance.
PIC’s next generation Ultralites are no exception.
- Better Shielding
- Silver Plated Copper spiral (helically) wrapped shield
- Shielding effectiveness of -110 dB
- Lower Loss (Attenuation)
- Smaller Size & Bend Radius
- Improved Dielectric
- Expanded PTFE or tape wrapped PTFE
- Higher Velocity of Propagation while maintaining a strong structure
- Increased flexibility
- Laser Markable
- High temperature, white laser-markable jacket
- Eliminates need for labeling