316/316L stainless steel has a high resistance to many chemical corrodents and marine atmospheres. 316/316L stainless steels are more resistant to general corrosion and pitting/crevices than conventional austenitic stainless steels. 316/316L stainless steels also offer higher creep, stress-to-rupture and tensile strength at elevated temperatures. 316/316L are also well suited for fabricated or formed applications.
Common Applications of 316/316L Stainless Steel
- Oil & petroleum refining equipment
- Food processing equipment
- Pulp and paper processing equipment
- Soap and photographic handling equipment
- Textile Industry Equipment
- Pharmaceutical processing equipment