AGC Chemicals Americas has introduced Amolea AT2, a new fluorinated precision cleaning solvent. This new solvent has excellent solvency with a wide variety of press oils, cutting oils, silicone oils , refrigerant oils, greases, asphalt pitches, and fluxes used in the electronics industry.
Amolea AT2 has no ozone depletion potential, has less global warming potential than our existing Asahiklin AE-3000 series products, is non-flammable, and is energy efficient due to its low latent heat of vaporization. Amelia AT2 will be marketed as an alternative to 3M Novec products, Chemours Vertrel offerings, n-propyl bromide and trichloroethylene.
- ODP zero
- Minimal global warming potential
- Recyclable with distillation
- Chemically and termally stable
- Nonflammable (no flash point)
- Broad compatibility with most plastics, elastomers, substrates and metals
- Cleaning of high-precision plastic and electronic components such as reflector glasses for laser printers, audio and video heads, and lenses
- Solvent carrier for silicone oils, hard disk lubricants, fluorinated greases and anti-rust agents
- Defluxing of printed circuit boards
- Drying element in aqueous system or as part of hydrocarbon cleaning process
- Refrigeration coolant and carrier solvent
- Precision cleaning of molded resin (components for copiers, cellular phones, camera parts, etc.)
- Dewatering of optical components
- Precision cleaning of delicate substrates