- Safely removes contaminants—including fingerprints, light hydrocarbon residue, and submicron particles—using dry ice snow
- More effective than nitrogen at cleaning wafers, chips, optics, and other particle-sensitive components
- Safe for use with microcircuit wires or energized electronic components
- Portable, easy-aim design and adjustable nozzles provide broad or very localized cleaning of hard-to-reach surfaces
- Environmentally friendly operation eliminates the need for solvent disposal—contaminants are carried away in a stream of inert CO2
- Low operating cost: CO2 is inexpensive and readily available
The SNO GUN™ II provides a safe, inexpensive, highly effective alternative to solvent or dry nitrogen cleaning of semiconductor components, PC boards, and other sensitive parts.
Removes Surface Contaminants as Small as 0.1 Micron
Dry ice particles generated by the SNO GUN™ II penetrate the boundary layer immediately adjacent to the surface. Contaminants that are untouched by nitrogen guns are dislodged and carried away in the flowing stream. Light organic contamination may be removed by the localized solvent effect created when dry ice particles impinge on a surface.
The SNO GUN™ II cleaning process does not scratch delicate semiconductor or precision optical surfaces. Even the finest wires in microcircuitry remain undisturbed. CO2 is non-conductive, allowing electronic components to be safely cleaned even while energized.
The hand-held SNO GUN™ II is transportable to wherever cleaning is required. Simply attach the SNO GUN™ II to a CO2 cylinder and start cleaning more effectively.