- Provides a dry, inert environment to prevent moisture condensation when cleaning with dry ice
- Durable 304 stainless steel glove box ensures a clean processing environment
- Optional air locks provide separate entrance/exit ports
- Tilt-up window and built-in quick connect CGA 320 fitting allows easy connection of SNO GUN™ II
- Includes fluorescent illuminator
The SnowBox™ Dry Ice Cleaning Station provides the ideal environment for operation of the SNO GUN™ II dry ice cleaning system.
Because the dry ice cleaning medium is extremely cold, it can cause the temperature of parts to drop beneath the dew point of the ambient air. In a humid environment, this will lead to moisture condensation that can contribute to oxidation or other contamination problems.
Automatic Moisture Control
The SnowBox™ Dry Ice Cleaning Station prevents these problems by maintaining a dry nitrogen environment. Nitrogen flow is controlled in two ways. The Dual Purge™ System provides a low-level nitrogen flow to maintain a continuous positive pressure inside the enclosure. When an air lock door of the tilt-up window is opened, it automatically activates a high-level flow, which helps to block out moisture influx and quickly remove any moisture that may enter the chamber.
The optional NitroWatch™ system provides additional moisture control by allowing you to determine a humidity set point down to 0% RH. If the internal humidity level climbs above this setpoint, the NitroWatch sends a signal to the Dual Purge System to activate the high-level purge. Moisture and CO2 are purged out of the cabinet through Automatic RB® (relief/bleed) valves, which guard against overpressures.