F-theta scan lenses play a major role in today™s leading-edge laser applications. II-VI manufactures scan lenses for CO2 laser systems that are used for marking, engraving, via hole drilling, and more.
In a typical scan lens configuration, the F-theta lens is used with one or two axis galvo mirrors that enable the laser beam™s fast positioning and precision focusing.
While standard focusing lenses deliver a focused spot to only one point, scan lenses deliver a focused spot to many points on a scan field or workpiece. They require special considerations in their design and use.
Scan lens applications include:
- Rapid prototyping
- Drilling circuit board via holes
- Cutting cloth
- Cutting paper
Our II-VI scan lenses feature:
- The finest optical materials in the world
- Special housing designs to optimize performance
- Wavelength options from 9.2 to 10.6 µm
- Via hole drilling diameters from 75 to 300 µm
- Designs featuring one to five optical elements
- Optional protection windows
- Low-loss AR coatings
- Precision optical elements