By eroding the part's metallic material with sparks and constantly flushing away the chips with water, electrical discharge machining (Wire EDM) can maintain the tightest tolerances and original properties of existing parts. What's more, Maudlin can handle all of your Wire EDM requirements with precision, accuracy, and speed. We offer:
- One of the largest EDM's in North America and 9 total Wire EDM machines
- The tightest tolerances in the industry
- 3-7 day turnaround on Wire EDM
- 5-axis cutting
- Constant flow via local submerged flushing
- Pilot-expert to prevent wire breakage
- Overhead crane loading
- Same-day service on most quotes
Maximum part size: 40" x 54" x 15.9". Maximum taper of 30° at 15.9", 45° on shorter pieces. Maximum part weight: 5,000 lbs. Cuts only metallic material.
Maudlin is thoroughly experienced in the wide range of applications for Wire EDM-including tool and die cutting, labyrinth rings, flex elements, orifice plates, turbine wheels, feelers/feeler calipers, button sleeves metallurgical testing, keyways, washers, bushings, retainer rings, stator rings, and armature rings.