As the world’s first RAD HARD point of load converter, VPT’s SVGA Series is mission proven in systems launching for LEO, MEO, GEO, and deep space missions. Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K on DLA SMDs, these off-the-shelf units help you get your system off the ground fast. View VPT’s space program heritage.
The SVGA Series is an extremely efficient point of load DC-DC converter for stepping down voltage at the point of use. It is ready for rugged duty with characterization to 100 krad(Si) total dose radiation under VPT’s certified radiation program per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G.
Operating at a nominal frequency of 250 kHz, these regulated non-isolated converters are optimized for low voltage point of load applications with high efficiency synchronous rectification and fast transient response. The SVGA point-of-load converters are designed and manufactured in a facility qualified to ISO9001 and certified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K and MIL-STD-883.
Combine our extensive family of DC-DC converters for space with these point of load converters for space to create a light weight, extremely efficient, space-ready power system.
- Much higher efficiency than linear regulators – up to 94% efficient
- High reliability
- Operates from 5V input
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.8V to 3.4V
- Up to 10A or 33W output power
- Wide case temperature operation of -55°C to +125°C with full performance over temperature range
- High power density, >100W/in>3
- Output inhibit control
- Low output noise
- No use of optoisolators
- Short circuit protection
- Precision projection welded 100% hermetic package
- Also available in 15A version